Monday, December 7, 2009

Central seating rough in


In that it is highly unlikely the wife is going to ride unless I have appropriate accommodations, I've decided to take on the central seating area next. Also, there is that little mechanical requirement of the keel winch. It must be mounted to something else I'm not going anywhere. For those not in the know, this has a swing keel. The winch holds the keel up while loading/unloading.

Since everyone likes a nice before pic....
I've learned that you HAVE to chisel out all the old ridges. They just don't help in any way, so out they came.

After fitting some cardboard cut-outs, I cut and trimmed in the 3/4" treated plywood. The intent to is have the wood facing out to be stained and varnished, but I've no idea how a treated piece of wood will take a stain. I may just put a thin vinear over it when I'm done, depending on how this shakes out.

After epoxying in the boards, I came back with mesh fabric to create a water-tight seal that I will eventually need. The space to the wall will be filled with foam










No comments:

Post a Comment