Wednesday, June 22, 2011

Additional work

I've not completely dropped this project, I've just gotten it to the point where it is sailable and not in desperate need of additional modifications.  I'm also no longer embarrassed to pull up to another nice boat for fear of recrimination and/or a scowl for lack of a decent paint job.  Tasks yet to be completed, that I eventually needs to address:

1) Replace all lights with LED -


2) Check all electrical and rewire as necessary. This implies I have to break down and buy a decent deep cycle battery and solar charging solution.

3) Install depth-finder/GPS and decent radio.   No sense in getting lost at sea unless I've good reason to.

4) Rebuild keel lift mechanism.   This is going to take some engineering and patience.   Both of which I am short on.

5) Cushions - more money and effort since I have none to begin with.

6) Correct Back-stay with adjustable tensioner. 

I'm sure there is more, but the summer is here and I've no desire to spend any more time than necessary camped out in my carport sweating away the hours.

No comments:

Post a Comment