Monday, March 19, 2012

Just to be clear

For reasons I'll leave to your imagination, I sold my 26 Clipper to a new sailor in need of some relaxation.   That being said, I've now moved into the category of "recollection" vs. real-time experience.   Though I miss it already, I've not forgotten all that I went through to put it back into shape for other owners to appreciate years down the line. (Hopefully)

I'll try to wrap this thing up with some additional pictures and commentary, though I may not go into as much detail as all would like.  I'll leave the pictures to explain themselves.

Fair Winds,
   Blaine

2 comments:

  1. I restored this exact boat two years ago. I used same blue etc. I would like to sell also. Did you replace your interior and get new cushions . Would you give me an idea of a selling price ? Thanks. It looks great!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gads it's been too long since I logged into this site. If you are still reading, the answer is not what you want to hear.

    Since I never finished the wiring, I could not sell it for full value of ~$4500. As for cushions, they are expensive even if you try to fabricate them yourself. Buyers don't see their value even though they add to the general comfort and total investment. Advice: Don't outfit your boat with cushions since you will never get your money back. A discerning buyer may take exception, but most will pay almost the same price as a fully outfitted boat. I got around that problem by putting down all-season carpet. It looks good, give a little something to sit on and most won't notice the difference. Good luck!

    ReplyDelete